still borns?

im wondering how does that happen?does it happen a lot ?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 11:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• 1 in every 115 births is a stillborn, but thats according to wikipedia so im not sure how accurate it is
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• but how ?
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• There are numerous causes. Google "what causes stillbirth" and you'll see quite a list
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My friend has had 2 stillborns. Hers were the fault of her OB though. They did an ultrasound on her and saw the cord wrapped around the baby's neck, scheduled a c-section later that day and he was dead, he was alive and healthy in the ultrasound. She had another stillborn boy last December and I don't know why he died. She had a bad feeling late in the pregnancy (baby was still alive) and asked her doctor to deliver the baby and dr refused saying she was paranoid, when he finally did the CS the baby was dead.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yeah there are a lot of reasons, like if the cord is too short or too long, but if i were you i wouldnt look into it you'll drive yourself crazy wondering about the 'what ifs' just enjoy your pregnancy :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• For many reasons.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i have lost 3babies ever one said it was gods will but in my heart i knew it was some thing else i don,t now what the reason where but only doctor can tell you
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My daughter was stillborn on November 30th 2010. She wasnt getting any blood to her but the doctor isn't sure what went wrong. I guess some things just happen.
    MarcsWife05

Answer by MarcsWife05 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011