Do you agree with the time change and why?

I hate the time change....it just screws me up! I do prefer the fall one better because you gain an hour but wish they would just get rid of it! It makes it worse when you have young babies on schedules.

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is the government in a sense.Congress passed changing daylight savings time in 2005. It used to be in October and they changed it to November to supposedly save on energy costs. That's what I am talking about with the government controlling time and when time should go back and forth.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't like it. I also don't like how the governments can mandate time. Because this is not the same in other parts of the world. Time is time. Yes, I am probably thinking too far into it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Listen, just when you get used to it they go and change back!

Answer by older at 11:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I wish we could just leave it alone. I adjust naturally with the light...my body tends to follow the natural flow of things. It always takes my family a couple of weeks to adjust to the time change.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Izsarejman, lol, I don't think you are thinking too much into it. My hubby works with people in several different countries, around the time of year when the time changes, it throws a lot of things off and can be frustrating for him of course, for business and sometimes even at home b/c morning meeting end up starting either earlier or later....and it can throw a whole day off :)

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I really don't care one way or the other. I hate that the days are getting shorter, and it really doesn't matter if it gets darker sooner in the morning or later at night.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• OP, I agree with you completely. We have two little ones who were up way too early according to my clock, and I don't think they'll make it to their "new" bedtime.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• IZJ is correct. I had to check because I remember something about it.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/daylight1.html#new

bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• All that aside, no I hate it because my kids were running around like whirling dervishes at 6 in the morning because they are used to getting up at 7. Maybe they will go to bed an hour earlier.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't like it, either...it messes with the natural rhythms of life...

Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010