do you keep greed going? or (is this the only way to live?)

When you are buying up things on credit are you just making the minimum payment because of the contract and lengthen it with the interests added on?

Could you get by with a lot less of a.... plate of 'wants'?
Do you see having things as a status symbol this way,..or is it because the world has created this and there's no way out?

no offense to any , it's just fashioned in life that every time you need something some money changer is taxing, adding interest or getting more than you had after you worked for it. (Just wanted to get a thread going, ...thanks for you help :)

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 11:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do not have a greedy bone in my body and have no debt.

Answer by older at 11:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I dont even have a credit card. If I'm buying stuuf then its with my dfs hard earned money!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I believe that the answer is in living simply and not allowing people to exploit my fears.....if it isn't taxes it's insurance because we are afraid something might happen...that and expoiting our greed is what seems to fuel the economy when it is going well...so I think we need to change our culture and find better ways to live...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We could get by with a lot less. Right now all we are paying on is two cars, we have no other debt. We just sold our house and are renting until we move across country. So we are saving for a new house. Can't wait to move and star somewhere new.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My father raised me with the attitude that credit is bad - it's for people who can't afford to pay cash (and as he always said, "if you can't afford to pay cash, then you don't need it"). I use an AmEx card that gets paid off every month and a debit card; other than our mortgage we have no debt.
    Jazzdoll

Answer by Jazzdoll at 12:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well, yes the world has created the "wants", you can't turn on the TV, radio or anything else and NOT see something you want! But, that's media, they want it that way. This is how it works. It's the same concept really as we discussed yesterday with the women and the magazines. If we didn't open a magazine and see a skinny, beautiful woman dressed in the latest style, we wouldn't want anything to spend our money on, right?? I know it's wrong, believe me. But it really is how the world as become. If you want to think about it a different way, remember the H1N1 vaccine last year.. they made such a BIG deal out of the flu and so EVERYONE felt they needed this vaccine to stay alive (lol) but it's the way things are right now. You are not going to turn on the news and find a story about a local farmer who is living off his land providing for his family while they live like normal people without the latest things.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have debt from school and to make my business work I do without a whole lot.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't use credit. I get what I want, and I don't get things to show off. I don't beleive in "status symbols". If I likey, I gettie. If you likey, you gettie. Just because you likey what you have doesn't mean I have to..
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 2:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If people didn't want "more", better, this country wouldn't have begun to begin with.

If "more" wasn't a concept created by the living God, he would give us rocks instead of bread, with butter when we're really good!

Your complaint will wither when we're all dead.

Til then, some people are able to create better things, different things for others.
    Thank goodness.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Our entire society is built on greed. That's how it is in a capitalist society.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010