what do you get kids who have everything and more

my step daughter has 2 kids, a boy and a girl. Her kids are lavished by their dad's family. These kids have always had way more then enough toys and clothes. My step daughter has never had to buy clothes or anything for her kids because her mother in law buys it all..actually her mother in law acts like the grandkids are hers, she takes them on weekends and her facebook has over 400 pictures of these 2 grandkids.

I have never bought them gifts because whatever I buy they will already have .This year I would like to get gifts but what do I give a 5 yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl that already has EVERYTHING?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 12:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Shopping

• My MIL got my DD a subscription to Highlights and she loved it. She would get all excited to get something in the mail and her older brother would help her with it. It was about the only time those two didn't fight.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• What about a subscription to Zoobooks or Highlights?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Give them gift cards......that way they can choose what they want to get. My son loves getting a gift card to his fave stores.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'd say a gift card to a restaurant or movie theater.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Here are my suggestions: A coupon for a 'fun day with Grandma' to be cashed in for a trip to the amusement park, or day at the Zoo, or whatever fun thing you can think of, or a gift cards-- my kids love gift cards to stores to pick out their own present, gift cards to the movie rental place, gift cards to restaurants or McDonalds gift certificates, a pass to the movie theatre, or even a gift certificate to the bookstore- they love to pick out their own books. Or another idea-- put money aside for the kids in a kids savings account. If they don't have one already open one up in their names and put money in it. My mom did this for each of my kids and every holiday/birthday she will buy them afew gifts and also put money in their savings account and give them the deposit slip. This way they can see the money grow, and they will have something for their future.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Take them shopping and let them pick out their own gifts??
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• :) Give them tickets to a children's play or movie....or red robin gift certificates...kids love eating there...buy a treasure chest type box and fill it with pennies.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't want to get gift cards because they will just get sold or traded
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Getting the a magazine in the mail like Highlights would be fun I never thought of something like that and I'm sure the other grandma hasn't either so it would be even better
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• life lessons you can never have too many of them
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010