Thyroid removal

Has anyone had their thyroid removed due to cancer? What were your symptoms that lead you in to the doctor when you were diagnosed with thyroid cancer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• My thyroid was removed several years ago due to cancer....the symptoms were pretty vague, and I had other things wrong with me at the time.....but I had a nodule that was biopsied by needle aspiration. The resutls were indeterminate, but my doctor's gut told him it was cancer, and he told me that he would like my permission to go ahead and do a full thyroidectomy to avoid having to go back in after diagnosis to remove the rest of the thyroid......he was right.....it came back positive for cancer....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• goood luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My mom had hers removed, but not due to cancer. She had Grave's Disease. They didn't remove it really, but rendered it useless with radiation. She was really really tired all the time and achy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010