Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm falling apart in my apartment because I don't feel at home anymore,figure out what I'm going through dealing with a 5 year ADHD son and a 25 year old Autistic niece and anybody tell me would they be happy in that situation because everyday I want to escape into another world so I don't have to face none of this so please somebody help me to cope because I don't think anybody cares?


Asked by mommys1luv at 12:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 7 (162 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • I am going to have to agree with m-avi on this one to. You all are simply offering this woman a hug, she actually referred her to a crisis hotline to get some immediate help. This situation may be alot more important than just a hug or a well wish. If you've read anything about this stuff before, you know that sometimes people are asking for help in a situation where they feel hopeless. Thankfully someone is giving her some real advice.

    Answer by anony-mous at 1:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • (((((hugs)))))) Anyone would have a lot of stress in your situation.....and it is common to feel alone in our challenges....

    Answer by Anna92464 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • Sounds like a tough situation for you. Perhaps someone who has cared for the caregiver could offer some helpful info to you.

    Answer by juliawerre at 12:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • I am so sorry you feel so overwhelmed, but some of us care, reach out to the dad or a friend or a relative for some me time. In the mean time I send you a big hug!

    Answer by older at 12:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • Why did my answer get a neg? Seriously, if this lady needs help and is feeling completely overwhelmed, 911 can get her through to a crisis hotline. Yes, I care about her and can offer a hug, but I can't be there with her right now. A simple "hug" may not make this problem go away.

    Answer by m-avi at 12:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • Where are you located? Is there a neighbor nearby who can come over and talk with you? If you feel that the pressure is too much right now, you really do need to get some help fast. You can call 911 and have them hook you up with a hotline for someone to counsel you.

    Answer by m-avi at 12:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • I am so sorry all I can offer is a ((((HUG)))) Its hard my son was in a lot of trouble running away not the same but it was 24/ 7 maybe you need to apply for respit one or two days a week someone comes in and provides you with a break think about it. GL Momma

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • You are a caretaker and you qualify for respite through the state call social services and they will do a form and provide some care for the caregiver they even have a plan with social security as well to take care of the caregiver.


    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • Anyone would be overwhelm and needing a break in your situation. I would look into some respite and a support group. I am sorry that is all I can offer. I have not been in this situation. Hang in there.

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • Hugs!!! Do you have any family members who could step up and help you with your son and niece? I would also look and see if your niece would qualify for adult daycare or respite care help. Try contacting organizations like Salvation Army, Lutheran Social Services, United Way (they fund a lot of different programs) and ask if they know of places that can help you/your family. I would also urge you to think about counseling for yourself as well. I wish you luck and hope everything gets better for you!


    Answer by MizLee at 12:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010