=[

I just moved in with my bf and I have a 1 1/2 yr old dog.
She is mix, pitt and boxer. I love her but my bf doesnt want her....
I really dont wanna get rid of her. Ughh what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pets

• Did you know that before you moved in? I personally would still keep her. Just my choice though. If you cannot keep her, try to find her a home with someone you know.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I can only guess you had the dog before the boyfriend. And he knew you had the dog before you moved in? And you had the conversation about the dog BEFORE you moved into "his"place? I guess the question is... how confident are you that this guy is worth having a dog euthanized over? And if you didn't talk about it before moving in, that is a big indication of how much "NOT TALKING"
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 8:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That's hard. :/ We had our cat for 2 years,and then we had to move out of state. We couldn't get an animal friendly apartment, so we had to find her a new home. It's been 4 months and I still miss her. She was a good little kitty!! I would say: you asked me to move in when you KNEW I had the dog. Lets see how it works out. And give it a try.
    I mean, it's silly, but what if something happens to the both of you, and he made you give your dog up?? I'd be ticked and sad!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• continued... Ya'll are probably not going to do about anything. It is your decision, but unless you are willing to give lots of things without talking and compromising, then sit down and have that talk him NOW. That poor dog didn't pick that guy and he didn't pick the situation. Give the dog some consideration with the decision please!
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 8:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That's mean! Is the a serious reason for that? Did she do something bad?
    I consider my dogs as my kids, I got them so they are my responsability. Would you really give up your child?
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i have 2 cats and i consider them to be my 4th and 5th kids. i would NEVER give my cats for a man, with me its a total package me my kids and my cats take us all or there is the door...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• well, with moving into his house/apt., you have to respect his space. why doesn't he want her, are pits allowed in your town - maybe he is just concerned because that happened to my friend - her pitt turned on a cat the neighbor witnessed and even though it wasnt her dog, she had to go to court and go through a big ordeal. probably should have been something you discussed BEFORE you moved in. life is full of choices, bf or the dog....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If he is just your B/F...then I would take my dog and go leave else where. If he can't accept you AND your dog...then I think he would be a b/f not worthy of keeping. JMO.
    Navy_Wife_Tisha

Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 3:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• agree- the dog was known about before hand. don't kill your dog for a friend or boyfriend. what is that REALLY saying about said 'friend'????

either tell the other person to deal, or leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2008