How can I get my 7 month old to go to bed at about 9 at the latest 9 30

I have tried to give my little girl a bath before bed time. That worked for about a week. I have tried to give her some baby cereal before bed that worked for a bit. I don't like to put her down for bed with a bottle I would rather put her to bed with a bink. That is what her doc says to do anyway. If she acts like she is hungry then ill give he something but. Im running out of things to do. I try to put her in her swing and she sometimes goes to sleep there. UGH its just a constant battle with her. If any one can help please let me know what worked the best for you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you just have to keep trying different things until you find something she likes.. its hard to give answers without knowing the baby and their personality
    mOm2bOyS_nY

Answer by mOm2bOyS_nY at 1:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had a very hard time putting my son to sleep at a set time every night too. All of the things you have tried seem to work better in combination. I bathe my son first then I feed him. After that I rock him a little until he starts to get sleepy or ill put him in his swing. I then lay him in his crib and play the music on his crib toy and I might read him a book if I feel up to it and he drift off to sleep. If that doesn't work I let him cry and keep his music playing. If he cries for more than 10 minutes without falling asleep I will rock him some more while singing to him. Usually if you stick to a routine your baby will start to understand that its bed time. It was hard at first but my son now lets me know that around 9 its bedtime!

EmpathyEve

Answer by EmpathyEve at 1:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You need to stay absolutely consistent. We always found it worked best for us to get into a sleep time routine that was always the same. Bath (if at night), lights out, drapes pulled, soft music on maybe, cuddling/rocking/swaying. When the baby got drowsy he was laid down and we left the room. If done in the same manner, all the time, the baby picks up on the cues and knows it's time for sleeping. The lady I do childcare for has also asked me to follow a set routine with her baby. If the baby cries at all it isn't for long. And I don't mean screaming their lungs out, but minor fussing. It is what worked for us. Our kids were good sleepers and happy babies. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My son use to go to sleep very late too and one day he just started going to bed at 7:30. I can't even remember how it happened. I think I let him cry it out for a few nights, but then it's like he just chose it as his bedtime. He was probably 9-10 months. I know that isn't much help, but you know the consistancy, cry it out, calm down time drills already. Sometimes you just have to wait and it will happen.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• if you have time read "Healthy Sleep Habbits,Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth, M.D it will be worth it :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2010