do I need an appointment for highlights?

I am going to a new place that I heard was good for getting color done. It says walk-ins welcome. I want to get a trim and partial highlights. Do I need to make an appointment for that?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 12:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would so they can take their time with you.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think that since you want to get 2 services done (trim and highlights) it would be best to call and make an appointment- that way the stylist will be prepared for your visit and you would have a better chance of getting it all done at once.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Depends on where you are going. I know some places don't, especially walk in places. The hair cuttery in VA Beach did not require appointments and I would tip generously because my hair is so thick and time consuming.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I colored my hair this week. The funny thing is it turned out a strawberry blonde and it matches the sable color of my Collie. I guess owners and pets do look alike. lol

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• depends on the place, call and ask
    mOm2bOyS_nY

Answer by mOm2bOyS_nY at 1:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would make an appointment anyway so they don't have to rush through it and do a good job :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would think it would be better if you do make the appointment

Answer by older at 1:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Make an appointment. Out of respect.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• With walkins they may not even take appointments, but if you can make an appointment it would probably be better, however, if you are a spur of themoment person like me I usually need a walk-in place.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If it says walk ins welcome then that means you can walk in.....If you are worried about it then just call and make an appointment!!
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010