young woman expecting...

I am 20 and 5 weeks pregnant. I am trying to make things work with the father...will that effect the amount of aid I can get from the state and other agencies?

babymsav

Asked by babymsav at 1:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your not married your considered your own household...which means they will not look at him just you
    Anonymous

• I believe it depends on the state. You might be able to google AFDC (aid for dependent children) and your state.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The only way it should effect anything is if you are living together.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It will only effect you if you're living together
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Only if yall live together or get married. If not it doesnt matter. I get Aid from the state and my baby's father and I have been together for a year and don't live together anymore. But they will make you fill for child support against him
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 2:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If you're getting married or living together it will, otherwise, you're considered single and they'll only look at your income, etc to determine aid. I'm currently going through a similar situation, 22 and 6 weeks so I understand where you're coming from ;-)
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 5:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010