How can anyone vote Obama?

I'm not saying McCain is great either but..all these things Obama says he will do... lower taxes... fix the economy... better health care... but HOW?!?! He wants a socialist government. Which is a government that runs the ecomony. HELLO!!! Didn't the government just mess up the ecomony BIG time with that "buy out plan" do you really want these type of people to run our economy? What say will the American people have then? We already have so little. And no president will lower taxes right now. We are soo far in debt because of the buy out that they won't have a choice once they reach office. He associates with murders.. He lies.. and he said one thing I thought was totally wrong. That we do NOT have the right to defend our homes by force. If someone comes in and threats my family I will do what I can to make sure they are not hurt. I am a single mother and I WILL not let someone threaten my daughter.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 8:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm voting for McCain. I don't trust Obama. I believe if a person is going to be Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces, he should have at least a working knowledge of what it's like to be in the Armed Forces.
    Baloney. I don't think it should have to be that way, some people can't serve for health reasons or have other things going on.
    TAG2.0

Answer by TAG2.0 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• How can anyone vote for McCain??

I am the mother of a daughter and I WILL not let someone threaten my daughter's right to choose.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I can't. I watched his 30-minute infomercial with a list of questions that I still had about him, and he didn't answer a single thing. Basic questions, too--what spending are you going to cut to fund your proposed programs? What is the bottom of the middle class? How do you propose to cut defense spending when you're talking about moving troops to Afghanistan?

One of the biggest red flags for me--Obama has stated his first act in office would be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act. Now, to clarify--signing that act isn't the thing I have the problem with.

He rips McCain on the economy, healthcare, education, energy sources...and the FIRST thing he's going to do in office is sign the FOCA?

If he's elected, I think he has some more pressing business to attend to.

Anonymous

• IDK how can McCain hang with Gordon Liddy
    George Gordon Liddy

Born November 30, 1930 (1930-11-30) (age 77)
    Charge(s) Conspiracy, burglary, illegal wiretapping
    Penalty 20 year imprisonment, later commuted by President Jimmy Carter
    Status Released
    Occupation Attorney, FBI agent, politician, radio personality
    Spouse Frances Ann Purcell
    Parents Sylvester J. Liddy and Maria Abbaticchio
    Anonymous

• the fact that he will not salute our flag or say the pledge is a NO NO for me!
    Anonymous

• [edit] Advice to listeners
    Liddy is noted for controversial advice to his radio audience, including on one occasion in 1994, after the federal raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, Liddy advised his listeners: "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of bitches." [6]

Anonymous

• I agree. I believe that if people really truly understood the power of the supreme court, and that the pres appointed the supreme court justices, they would think before voting for Obama...
    Anonymous

• Wow settle down!!!! Getting a little to worked up Ide say. Im voting for Obama. And just so you know Everyone is a bit socialist. {Socialism refers to a broad set of economic theories of social organization advocating state or collective ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods.} Thats what taxes are thats how are goverment is to an extent . and you have even heard John McCain say that Obama is no Socialist. Obama does not want a socialist government.... RELAX! Alot of his plans and ideas or philosephies are similar to Bill Clinton's was he a socialist, no infact our Country grew when he was pres. I think you are paranoid and maybe should lighten up a bit.
    Anonymous

• And this is why people have problems with Rev. Wright, Obama's former pastor:
    A videotape of one sermon captures Wright using a harsh racial epithet to argue that Clinton could not understand the struggles of African Americans.

“Barack knows what it means, living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people,” Wright said on Christmas Day of last year. “Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a [N-word]!”
    Anonymous

• In another sermon, delivered five days after the 9/11 attacks, Wright seems to imply that the United States had brought the terrorist violence on itself.

“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York, and we never batted an eye,” Wright says. “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is brought right back in our own front yards.”

In a later sermon, Wright revisits the theme, declaring: “No, no, no, not God bless America — God damn America!”
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23634881/
    Anonymous