How do you feel about parents who ditch their kids? Leave them and never come back

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Adoption

• It is sad, all the way around.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I will never be able to understand this phenomenon.

Answer by older at 1:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• above anon. I am so sorry your parents did that to you. Do you know for sure their motives? They may have a reason that in their mind was a good reason. NOT saying it was or that you have no right to be angry just that you may want to hear them out. Give them a chance to explain themselves. You do have every right to be somewhat angry. Any adopted child would go through that phase at some point. This is your. I am so sorry.
    Anonymous

• My best friend is raising her niece because the parents took off. The kid is worlds better off because of it. She has had major issue to overcome from reactive attachment disorder because her parents left her in her own filth for hours a day in her crib with no intereaction or affection. The mom took off when she was 2, the dad at least got her out of the crib but took her places and let her see/experinece things a preschooler should never know about. When she was 4 my best freinds family persueded best friends brother to sign the child over. (I think they gave him a moped in return). She's been with my best friend ever since. Its not been an easy road, but she's 12 now, does good in school, has friends, and a family that cares about her. She is a little emotionally immature, but considering her childhood didn't really start until age 4, its to be expected. Who knows how messed up she would be if her parents kept her
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• wow, I understand that children are angry because their parents leave and as a parent I don't think I could ever leave my children. With that said there are many reasons why parents leave their children and as children you can never understand why a parent would do that. Some do it for selfish reasons, some because of drugs, some because they feel they cannot take care of their children. I agree that not all parents leave their children out of hate or because they want to hurt them. I personally think it takes a big person to be able to say "I am unable to care for my children and I want better for them."

Yes some people are cruel and that is their reason for leaving, not all parents are this way. I hope you find whatever peace you are looking for,

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I am sorry pinkdragon for your pain. I truly can fsee your hurt and disappointment now. I hope that you find some peace in your life.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Many Animals leave there young and sometimes eat them. We have come a long ways from the dawn of humanity, but in reality we are not so different then any other animal. Some people just are not made to be parents. Some people leave there children because they feel its the best decision for the child. Because its not something I could personally do its hard for me to try and make sense of leaving your child. I think before judging and throwing stones alot needs to be contimplated about the parents, there situation and the reasoning behind what they opted to do.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Okay mistynight with the pc crap my parents drove twenty states away and ditched us what more do you have to know to make that okay.
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Some people 'ditch' (as you say) their kids because they feel inadequate, lost, misinformed, or just scared and they feel they are making the right choice. Not every person who chooses to allow someone else to raise their children is doing it out of hate or dysfunction. You can't lump everything into one pile. If there is something you are angry about I hope you are able to find the answers you are looking for and understand that birth parents aren't trying to hurt their birth children. A lot of them are trying to give their child the gift of a better life. Even if it doesn't work out that way THAT is what they are trying to do.
    Anonymous

• I really don't understand how anyone could ever do that.
    My dad did. It would kill me everyday to leave mine.
    It takes a certain kind of scummy person, to run and never look back i guess.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2010