If you are adopted and could meet your birth parents would you be honest and tell them you were mad or would you just smile and be glad to see them?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Adoption

• I know who and where my birth mother is. I am not mad at her. I would like to find out who my birth father is.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm not mad so why the hell would I tell them that I am. I would not want to meet them either...
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well if I found out now I would be glad to meet them and hear about them and ask some questions. But i wouldnt be mad at them cause they probably did this choice for a reason. I love my life and had I lived somewhere else I might not be where I am now. I would be thankful for my live (which I am regardless) cause she could have not have me and aborted me.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• This is a toughy. If my birth parents were 16 and knew that they couldn't give me the life that they wanted me to have, then I would be grateful to them and would be thrilled to meet them.
    But if my mother didn't know who my father was and when I was born I tested postive for cocaine and the reason I was adopted was because CPS took me away from her, then yes I would be mad and probably wouldn't want to meet her other than to get a family medical history and then to tell her to kiss my ass.
    SuprMom12042702

Answer by SuprMom12042702 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My husband was adopted from an orphanage in Honduras. There was a point he tried really hard to find her. But since he has had kids of his own, he has lost the desire to do so. Part of it is growing and being comfortable with who he is now, and part of it is now that he has kids of his own, he can't understand how anyone could keep their baby for 7 days, then give it up. I, on the other hand, think I understand her more since we have had kids. We had so many breastfeeding problems. If you were young (under age 16 - we know this from adoption papers), poor, post-partum, milk slow to come in, you live in the second poorest country in the western hemisphere, and formula feeding is not an option due to cost, I can totally understand where you may feel at that giving your baby to an orphanage is your only choice.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It would depend on the reason they gave me up.... If it was for my own good then I wouldn't get mad..... but if it was because they beat me I or something I probably wouldn't bother even meeting them
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would tell them how glad I was to see and meet them.

Answer by older at 1:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I wouldnt be mad at all...They did it for a reason and i dont need answers.I would be happy to just to meet them.I have meet my bio father and never once in my life was i upset he wasnt around.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't go out searching for them, But that's just me.
    I really would want nothing to do with them.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• *giggles* I was voted down....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010