What is the difference??

Why is it ok for black people to talk about black pride and mexicans to talk about mexican pride but if a white person says something about white pride he/she is racist??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think about that a lot too...esp the UFC heavy weight champ caine velasaquez has "brown pride" tattooed across his chest, yet he is a california naitive and american citizen....no one raises hell over that, but if say broc lesner did "white pride" he'd be deamed an ariean. why is it ok for everyone else?? if one cant do it, then none should.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Because when someone hears "white pride" it has been associated with the KKK and not something to be proud of. Why can't it just be, "Proud to be an American" why does it have to be about race?
    Anonymous

• I agree, I mean by no means am I racist, but I am proud to be white but apparently that is taboo....I just dont understand why it is ok for everyone else but white people.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Because being "Polically Correct" has consumed this country to the point that everyone (white people) have to watch what they say all the time.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• *Oh geez, I meant Politically. lol

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Mexican is a race. White is not. People walk around saying they are proud to be Irish , proud of being Italian, and other races and ethnicities. And those races are predominately caucasion. Does it bother you that people walk around saying "Irish Pride" or "Italian pride"?
    Anonymous

• @ Anon #2 - Yes Mexican is a race, but "brown" is not. AA is a race, "black" is not. So why should Irish, Scottish, Italian, etc. have to say "Irish Pride, Scottish Pride, Italian Pride, etc. Pride" instead of "white pride"? (And no, I'm not the one who voted you down)

I personally don't give a $h!t if someone says "brown, black, or white pride"....
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Because we white folks don't have a whole lot to be proud of. Segregation,stealing Native Americans land, genocide,the nazi crap,the list goes on. I think we shouldn't be throwing our whiteness around until we actually have something to be proud of.
    Anonymous

• Yeah just talk about sex that shuts every one up.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't understand why this was voted down. It's the truth. I happen to be one of those who hates that hyphenated bullsh*t. If you were born here, you are AMERICAN, not some stupid hyphenated crap.

People need to stop being so overly concerned with what color a person is ... IT DOESN'T MATTER.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010