Military and divorce

So here is my story: My husband and I decided we no longer want to be together.We are not fighting at all(he is deployed now) BUT when he gets home my plan is to move back home and he will stay here with the kids while i get a job and a place to move our children.NOW my question is:Will the military have an issue with this?Do other single parents in the military do this? I would take them with me BUT I can not.I dont have a place to take them.I do not want them being moved around while i figure out a place to live.It wouldnt be fair to do that.So what options do i have divorcing a military member and leaving my children while i get things together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Well i persoanlly think it would be easier and beneficial to take them with you...leaving them there you are forefitting your child support and possible alimony wich COULD REALLY help with bills and a place to live etc....just my 2 cents. good luck.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• He/you will need to find daycare for the kids and transportation to from daycare/school if needed. I personally wouldnt leave my children for anything. It could set you up later for him gaining custody. Be careful with any and all decision making.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I kinda agree with the other posters, I would perhaps get something in writing saying that the kids come back to you by a certain date and that you are the custodial parent and visitation will be.......with their father/
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• actually the military does not care what you do with your kids but they also will not help your soon to be X with anything and will not give him any freetime to care for or deal with them either. To garantee their safety and such I suggest you take them with you and make sure before you leave that you make arragements for them to go with you. The military is not child friendsly at all!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010