Do you believe in Organized Religion? Why or Why Not?

I am a Christian, I believe in God, the Bible,and that Jesus Christ was born and died for our sins. But I don't believe in Organized Religion. I don't believe that a bunch of deacons can decide better than I where my tithes should go. I don't wish to be around the Sunday morning Christians, screw you the rest of the week people. And I believe that fellowship with other people who believe in God, will enrich my experiences, but I don't believe that neccessarily has to be in a church!

MamaAlice54

Asked by MamaAlice54 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have my own relationship with the Lord and believe pretty much as you do and for the same reasons. I live my life by what goes around will come around. I do the Lords work everyday on my own, would help anyone in need and try to be kind and thoughtful unless I'm pushed then I can push back. I'm not in disagreement with your reasons at all, but each to their own.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Is the body of Christ supposed to be organized? Yes. Is the body of Christ supposed to control and manipulate others? No. The problem is not so much organized religion but rather what the corruption of our sin does with organized religion. Organized religion is not in and of itself evil, but what people do with it can be.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yes and no... I have no problem with the idea of organized religion. It is really good for some people. I'm still trying to decide what is good for me though. I am currently very happy at my 'Non-Denominational' church.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• agreed and i also think that organized religion causes war and problems.
    i think the bible is a book, like a fairytale, thats ment to be metaphors for life lessons.
    i dont believe in hell. i dont believe in "heaven" either but i do believe there is something after a life, and a reason for life and etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My believe in not in religion period... but in a relationship with Jesus Christ, I go to church not to be ruled but to build relationships with others and to grow in my walk with Him with others. The fellowshipping of Christians was never meant to become legalistic. Jesus say in John 13:24 that we are to love one another as He has loved us. When we truly follow this command because we want to then things fall into place a whole lot better and you wont have the bickering and the division going on inside churches and between churches! It is because of the LACK of this command that is causing this problem!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• @ Witchqueen, What do you believe then? And is your religion of Atheism organized? I'm sorry I just really don't know that much about it, but I am sensing a hostility from you, and I am not sure just why? Comment by MamaAlice54

You are sensing hostility because you WANT to believe that my comments MUST be hostile.  They are a statement of fact--nothing more.  Atheism isn't a religion, but then you probably already know that subconciously.  Atheism is a choice to not believe in gods as long as there is no proof for their existence, much as I don't believe in leprechans, fairies, or headless horsemen.  There is no need for me to call myself an a-leprechanist.  A pity you aren't allowed to research your "enemy" a little more thoroughly.  You seem to make a lot of assumptions about it.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I feel that while one thing is best for one person, another is best for someone else. Everyone has different ways of worshiping, so I think it is great that there are so many different options out there. I love going to my church bc it is a good way to become educated about the Bible, to have others to discuss religious topics or just personal things with, and it's a great way to get involved in something positive. But not everyone wants those things or finds them easier or more suitable to get somewhere else.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Maybe you just haven't found the right church? I used to feel that way but I am thankful to be part of the congregation I am in. We are a cell-group church. Severl different groups meet throughout the week for different purposes and we are free to join whichever ones we want. that is where we do most of out fellowship. we have all sorts of group..bible study, prayer, outreach, etc. Sunday is when we meet together as one for guidance and learning. As for tithing, the bible says to take your tithes to the storehouse, which is the local church. The pastors then tithe on the tithe. Our church tithes 12% and it goes to orphanages, food banks, ministries, and of course salaries and church development and upkeep among other things. Our church is very much about being "Christians" everyday, not just Sunday.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i think it's important to hold the beliefs within yourself and meditate upon those beliefs, I think it's in our nature to discuss similar beliefs and debate can be healthy...but no it doesnt HAVE to all be done in a church. Some people freak out if they miss church and feel as if god will be mad and the people will judge them...I'm so glad i'm not one of those people. I'm not a christian anymore but when I was I was perfectly fine and happy not attending church. I still felt loved by god and stood by my beliefs to be a good person.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• God is a god of order, not chaos. So, yes, I believe in organized religion. No, I don't believe that means you go to church on Sunday and forget what you profess to believe Monday through Saturday. Organized religion helps keep things moving through the correct channels. Men are still imperfect, no matter what calling they have been given. But as individuals, we are entitled to personal revelation, and answers to our prayers. So, whenever I have a doubt or question about something my leaders say or do, I ask the Lord to give me my own answer. Most often, it is in accordance with what I am already being taught.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010