Am I pregnant or not pregnant

I took a pregnancy test and the positive line was faintly and my boyfriend didnt believe it was positive so i went and bought a differnet brand and it had a positive result too with one line being faintly again . so then he wanted me to take another one so i went and got a different brand agian and it was negitive. so then i took another one today and it said negitive again. so i dont understand why i had two positive and two negitive and its driving me crazy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you should try a digital test, they're more expensive but at least you have a clear answer. Were you trying to get pregnant? Did you miss your period? Sometimes false negatives come if you test too early, the hormones may not be strong enough to show in a urine analysis. If all else fails, go to the doc and get a blood test.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 2:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Wait a couple of days and test again. Since it was a faint positive the first two times, the next two times your urine might not have been concentrated enough. Give your system some time to build up a bit more hCG, and test again with first morning urine (or at least wait 4-5 hours after peeing before taking the test).

Assuming you read the results within the required time frame, I highly doubt it was an evaporation line. Generally speaking, again assuming proper usage, a line is a line is a line. Test again in another day or two for peace of mind, but I'd be willing to bet you're pregnant. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I did try a digital test. It was one of the negitive results. i took the digital test proubaly like an hour and a half after the first two which was on friday. so then today i took another one and it was negitive. The positive test showed up positive after a couple of mins. yes i have been TTC since sept.
    28ttc6

Answer by 28ttc6 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010