Last time being pregnant..what would you do?

Hubby says we have our hands full, and we plan to adopt later down the road, so he wants to get fixed. I agree that we have the perfect amount of children..but the thought of NEVER being pregnant again really doesnt sit well with me.. Im only 23.. and have two daughters, a son on the way, and a step daughter, so we are VERY blessed..

Anyway, I dont want to miss out on a thing, so my question is.. whats one thing you hands down are GLAD you did when you were pregnant? ex. ultra sound video, belly cast, photo shoot, vacation, just anything! Thanks ladies!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 2:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I WISH that I would have done a video ultra-sound and a 3D ultrasound. I didn't know that we could video tape the ultrasound. I also wish I would have done a pregnancy photo-shoot of both my covered belly and my bare belly. I felt fat and unattractive, and hardly have any pics of my pregnancy, and I miss it. I would also do a belly cast.

Oh, and also take a pic of your pregnancy test for the baby book.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I loved soaking in the tub and singing to my baby.....I wrote letters to him while I was pregnant and put them in a scrapbook...I talked to him a lot....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Pregnancy photo shoot. I WISH I had done this... ::sigh:: My firend has an aweosme picture of her 3 year old kissing her belly. I wish I had one...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Why not consider the IUD? It's good for up to 10 years. I have sat down and told my OB that I wanted my tubes tied at the age of 23 after the birth of my 2nd child. I thank god every day he told me no. Policy for the Navy was 25 years old+.
    Today I have 4 kids and have been a surrogate 3 times. I LOVE being pregnant and I am so glad I did not get my tubes tied.

As far as your question, how about a belly cast? They are fun and a great reminder of your glorious belly.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• About the IUD.. birth control things like tha have really freaked me out because I have heard so many horror stories. Lots of them close friends.. i do know that horror stories come along with ANYTHING, but just the idea of something unnatural sitting there bothers me. I def. need to do more research!
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• well theres something they have thats like a plug for your fallopian tubes and you can remove it later on but i think its fairly new. i read about it somewhere :) talk to your doctor about your options
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would just say, be absolutely sure you do not want more children in the future. Study up on adoption before you make a decision that is very hard to reverse, Especially infant adoption, for every infant placed for adoption, there are 40+ couples trying to adopt.

My husband and I was blessed with 1 miracle and decided not to have more, we too always planned to adopt. We have been on a roller coaster for 2 years trying to adopt and lost thousands of dollars. We finally switched to adopting a child in foster care that has a lot of medical issues. If you plan to become foster parents in the future, that is great, always need foster parents, but there are already so many childless couples trying to adopt that an infant is near impossible... Just do your research before you make a solid decision, I wish we had 5 years ago...
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Thanks for the advice! I've done lots of research, and will continue to do so over the years. Im a social worker and work w/ abused kids so I am around things like this a lot.. Good luck to you!
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had a panic about not having any more babies after I had gotten pregnant on accident and then loosing that baby. I didn't know I wanted one until I had one coming...then when it was gone I was left wanting. 3 months later I was pregnant for Zander. I knew that chances were that this would be my last pregnancy. My other two children are 13 and 8....

Anyways, I did everything I ever wished I had, including a belly cast, henna (we did LOTS of henna on my belly - every time I went to the midwife I had a different surprise for her), YOGA and I also did a really beautiful photo shoot. Pictures of some of this stuff is on my profile. ;)

gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 5:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• This is my first time but I definitely plan on doing a photoshoot in case it's my last :) Cherish the memories!!!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 5:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010