should i be worried?

since i had my daughter, i have trouble going very long without eating. my life is much slower paced then it used to be. before i was fairly active and i was nothing like this. i ate breakfast and its been 6 hours since and im so hungry im shaking. i would think the lessening of activity i wouldnt need MORE food. diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure runs in my family. should i b concerned?

izzis_mommi

Asked by izzis_mommi at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• I would go have a checkup at your dr office. They should be able to give you the best advice. To me, it sounds a bit like hypoglycemia, though. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 6 hours is a long time to go without eating. You are shaking because your blood sugar is probably dropping. Try eating 6 smaller meals a day. Eating about every 3 hours is a good way to keep blood sugar levels even.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If it has been six hours since you ate, that is why you are shaking....your glucose has dipped.....activity actually keeps your glucose more even, I believe....but you shouldn't be concerned so much as eat more regularly, eat nutritionally, and get plenty of fresh air and sunshine....take walks outside,etc....as an enjoyable part of your day, rather than for "excercise".....living a simple natural life is very healthy...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You should eat something small every 4 hours
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You are going too long between meals. By waiting so long that you become shaky you are actually causing yourself to eat more. You will gain weight this way. And, with the diabetes in your family you do not want to gain a lot of weight. You will be much healthier if you eat several small meals a day. Space them out and do not allow yourself to feel overly hungry.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 6:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Having kids changes a lot of things about your body. You can't base anything off "before I had my baby" anymore. Eat more frequently.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My dr. wants me to eat every 2-3 hours and small meals. Grazing. Say cottege cheese and fruit, nuts or fruit. So six hours is too long to go with out food
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would get blood work done. Check for anemia. I became very anemic after having my son.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2010