Has anyone ever called DFCS on you?

I asked this question in "just for fun" but there weren't many answers and i feel like i'm alone in this.

My MIL did when my son was 1 and i was 4m pregnant with mydaughter. She told them i didnt feed him right and that i NEVER changed his diaper. She lives 2hrs away and we saw her every 2m. My kids have only had 3 at the most diaper rashes their whole lives and i actually have been told i change them to much. And my son is Very tall for his age and now so is my Daughter. They found NOTHING wrong and closed the case.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES MY NOSY BROTHER IN LAW CALLED THE CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ON MY HUSBAND FOR GOING TO PICK UP OUR SON FROM DAYCARE. "HE HAS SEIZURES AND SHOULD NOT BE WITH THAT CHILD ALONE" WAS THE REASON. THE GUY FROM CPS SAID THAT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE WORRIED IF MY HUSBAND HAD NOT PICKED UP OUR SON. EVER SINCE THAT DAY I HAVE HAD A DEEP SEEDED HATRED FOR MY BROTHER IN LAW. HE TRIED TO HAVE OUR CHILD TAKEN AWAY. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IF IT IS NOT A LEGIT CASE THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR MAKING BS ALLEGATIONS.
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 9:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i feel the same way. that they should do something bout it if what they say isnt true.
    Anonymous

• i always thought they were annon I didn't know you could find out who called. Noone has called on me but that's just what I thought....hhmmm
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 9:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you cant from them they dont know. My MIL told me she did it .
    She said "Dont make me call CPS again" one day because i didnt want her to take my daughter cause she had a cold. She actually threatens me with it a lot.
    Anonymous

• No but my family is the type that usually does i have waited for them too. I have no reason for them to. But they do it to feel like they are in control.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 9:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Wow, honestly, if that were my MIL, I'd never go to her house, never let her see my child and pretty much just drop her from my life, until she let go and grew up. No one threatens me, especially when it comes to my child.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I have had CPS called on me a few times, but never had a case against me. The first time was my doctor for choosing not to vaccinate my children and after that it was my mother. She didn't like my husband. He was no priize, but she always has to be in charge. Well, needless to say, I don't have anything to do with her anymore.
    Anonymous

• yup. SO's ex wife called. said that he shouldn't be around kids cuz he has a bad temper and such. Well.. he never did with me or the kids.. but when the CPS lady showed up at our door that night while I was at work.. he was yelling at her and telling her off. so guess what..
    He had to move out.. we had a case started with DCFS .. now he can no longer be around my kids.. and his newborn baby girl until he goes thru counceling (she's over 2 months, and he's never seen her.. except in pictures). DCFS has gardinship over the kids for the next year.. and if he doesn't get into class (which he can't afford to pay for) they are going to terminate his rights to EVER see her again..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2008