What could be causing my headaches?

I have been suffering from constant headaches for about a year now, some days they will be more severe than others, but most of the time it's pretty moderate or maybe ive just gotten used to them. I never used to have headaches before this so this is really worrying me. I remember when it all started though, I was laying down on the floor playing with my kids and they were climbing all over me on my back but nothing rough, and as i went to sit up slowly i felt this tingling sensation in my head and my head started throbing i got up a few minutes later and i thought it would go away but it didn't. Currently we don't have health insurance nor does my husbands job offer it but i am trying to save up some money for it of the many other things as well. This is really affecting my day to day life. Has anyone else experienced this?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Health

• Constant headaches are nothing to mess with. You need to see a doctor. There should be a federally funded clinic in your area that will see you. You pay what you can afford.

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/GoogleSearch_HCC.aspx

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• There are many reasons for headaches ranging from weather changes, to hormonal changes, to stress, or sinus pressure or eye strain from looking at the computer, or illness/allergies and these are just a couple of reasons. There are various types of headaches and if you look on the grocery shelves they address the different types of headaches so you can buy the right medicine that actually will help.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You need to see a doctor. Constant headaches are nothing to mess around with. It could be anything from low blood sugar, blood pressure issues, sinus infection, allergies, or worse. You will not know until you see a doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It could be migraines. Certain foods can trigger migraines.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It's probably your blood pressure. You can go to most Pharmacys and they have blood pressure machines that you can do yourself. You should really check that out and if in fact it is high blood pressure, you need medication to prevent kidney damage or stroke. Good luck & try to see a Doctor ASAP too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Thanks simplicity3 i just looked at the website and found something close to me. I didn't even know they offered things like this. I will be going in as soon as possible. Thanks again everyone.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• You're welcome! I hope you feel better soon.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010