Mac and cheese

Does anyone have any mac and cheese recipes that I can hide veggies in? My son loves mac and cheese but not veggies.

Asked by tyfry7496 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• u could also puree cooked carrots and use white cheese, that way it doesnt get too orange...your best be is to just experiment on your own instead of following recipes. also, my older son is super picky, but he will eat broccoli if its cut up into small pieces and mixed into mac and cheese (be sure to steam the broccoli first!).
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Instead of hiding the food, you are better off just making him eat his veggies......he'll get used to it and develop a taste for them as time goes on...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't hide veggies. He should learn to eat healthy foods, hiding vegetables teaches nothing ... well, aside from poor eating habits.
    I suppose if you chose to, you could "hide" veggies in any old mac and cheese.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I heard you could puree cauliflower in the blender after steaming it, and then mix it in with the cheese sauce before adding to the noodles.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 3:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• oh, and V8 splash juice is awesome because it has fruit AND veggy juice.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• There's a cookbook called, deliciously deceptive by Jerry Seinfeld's wife I forget her name...it is s great book for hiding fruits and veggies into the food
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Better off to just offer them. My son hated broccoli and refused to eat it. After 3 months of offering it over and over...well he loves broccoli now. (: He actually will order it when we eat out.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My son is 14 yrs old, he is NOT going to eat them just because I keep offering them to him. And before anyone says anything, he WILL starve if I just don't feed him.

Comment by tyfry7496 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010