Tips on cutting a mans hair?

My husband ask me to trim his hair. Does anyone have some tips or pointers?

I have a hair cutting kit, never opened it before but it has scissors and a shaver in it I know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• BUZZ IT! THATS WHAT I DO FOR MY HUSBAND, OF COURSE NOT CRAZY SHORT BUT CLEANEDUP.. HE ALWAYS LIKES IT AND I BUZZ HIS HAIR MAYBE TWICE A MONTH, IT WORKS GOOD!
    Anonymous

• use a comb to pull the hair up and out then use the trimmer, it gives a nicer cut even if u do it really short
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 9:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• For Hubbs, I use a 4 from the ridge at the back of his head (where you would draw a line from ear to ear) down, and then around the base of his neck a 3. I'll do his sideburns and clean up the back of his neck with just bare clippers to skin, but I leave the top for the pros because I'd feel worse messing up there.

With my youngest, I cut so that the area around the cowlick is the shortest graduating evenly to being the longest at the front. Depending on how long your hubbs wears it, depends on how short you go how fast. You can use the comb in the box - or any other straight comb to get an straight line. I use my hand, palm facing down with my finger tips closest to his head, and my palm farther away and cut anything that comes through my fingers.I part it in the center and work my way out, leaving it the longest at the center, and the shortest in the areas where it is graduating into the buzzed area at the sides.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If you don't know how to cut hair, take him to a professional!!! But if he insists start with your longer guard and work your way to the smaller ones. This dosen't leave a line when you blend. Use shears on top. Remember don't cut past your second knuckle!!! Good luck.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 10:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008