2 and 2half year with blister popping up

my son startedto complain of pains on bottom of his feet but there was nothing this was friday than saturday morning he had alot of blisters on his feet nowhe has them on his hands with some startng to appear on is chin and back they like little red bumps with some that look like blisters and some are scabbing any idea what they could me.

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like chicken pox
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• thats what im thinkng my cousins little girl has had the same thing since thursday and theyhavent been arund each other in 2 weeks and she took her daughter to dr and she said her dr couldnt tell her exactly what they where. on Friday when my son was complaining of pain we took him to his dr for a vaccine but coulnt give it ti him because he had a infection on his throat n they ran a blood test if it was chicken pox couldnt they have seen it in the blood work?
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• sounds like chicken pox to me as well. Both of my boys had them. They loved the oatmeal baths (aveeno brand) that I gave them to soothe the itchies.

Call your doctor tomorrow morning, they might want you to come in to confirm. In the meantime, have you or dh/so go out and stock up on calamine/caladryl lotion, aveeno oatmeal bath and maybe some tylenol or motrin.

Oh, and the incubation period is something like up to 3 weeks.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• we have aveno oatmeal baths beacuse im pregnant with an itchy belly my dh gae him last night he loved, im glad his clinic is open 7 days aweek today they open at 4pm to 8pm so we are taking him in.
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Doesn't sound like chicken pox to me - if it's his hands, feet, and mouth area, it's more likely to be hand/foot/mouth disease. Sounds like you need to call your doctor in the morning either way.
    Anonymous