I know were not a group of doctors but...

I have been doing some research as to why I am unable to lose weight and I found Hyprthyroidism. I was reading the symptoms and I have most of them, plus it semi runs in my family. Please tell me what you think... Here are the symptoms I have,
Irregular Menstrul Cycles.
Fatigue [ALWAYS tired!! Can not stay awake]/
Always Cold.
Dry Skin.
And
Constipation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• I have all of those symptoms, too. I went to the doctor. All they have to do is a simple blood test. My thyroid was fine.
    Anonymous

• I think, that we can have a lot of the symptoms and some of these things, and never actually have them. So I'd definately ask the doctor, of course that's the only way you'll get a definative answer and know how to treat it. The funny thing, if I remember correctly is that some of the symptoms for hyper thyroidism is the same for (forgot the technical term) low thyroidism.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It sounds like it but you need a blood test to know. Also, you will need a prescription to fix it. Time to go to the doctor?
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i ment to say hypOthyroidism.
    Anonymous

• That could be alot of things. My SO had all the same symptoms as you so he had a whole bunch of blood tests done and his thyroid was fine. Problems with thyroid do run in his family so we thought that was what it was for sure. Turns out he was actually having panic attacks and is on Xanax.  Everything kinda fixed itself after a while.  To me it kinda sounds like anemia.  Are you extremely pale complected?  Check it out.  I don't remember all the symptoms of that.

BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 10:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• iron-deficiency anemia is what you need to look up specifically
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 10:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You need to go to a doc, those symptoms can point to a lot of things
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• so go to the doc and get your thyroid checked. it's all speculation without testing.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The past couple of days I have also been having a little bit of brown vaginal discharge [it comes and goes about twice a month]. Could that be connected to the other symptoms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2008