Do you know how old you are, or do you have to think about it when asked?

I remember as a kid always knowing exactly how old I was (I'm not 6, I'm 6 and a half!). But now that I'm grown and have kids of my own, as easy as it is for me to volunteer their ages, I find myself having to practice my arithmetic when I'm asked my own age, lol. Is anyone else like this, or am I odd like that?

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 3:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes i forget my age too. Just last week my hubby had to remind me im not 24 im 25 lol! But i remember my kids age no problemo.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I do not really care how technically old I am.  I am 49, 50 in march.

Answer by louise2 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I know how how old I am. I think it's funny my husband always asks me how old he is.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have to think about it. By the time I finally adjust to my age another birthday rolls around and I have to start all over again. It really doesn't help that I constantly forget which year we're in.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 3:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have actually had to do the math to figure it out. I really don't think about age so when I need to know it I will have to think, then answer, then rethink and answer again and then I do the math just to be sure....lol
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• For me turning 40 was such a HUGE deal, that now that I'm 41, I still think I'm 40, lol, because I was just so focused on turning 40 for so long.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have it a bit easy to remember, I am 30 years and two days older than my son. So when I need to remember I just look at him and instant reminder.:)
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 3:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Technically, I am 40 and 364 days.

I didn't get to have my 40th blowout that was planned because I had the stupid flu. I was so looking forward to turning 40 so I could have the black balloons and all the Over the Hill stuff. I may be one of the weird ones, but I don't have an issue about getting older ... I'm aging like a fine wine ... I get better with age. =-)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• hahaha I was just telling dh about this yesterday. I have to think about it sometimes. I am 25............... I think.

j/k I really am 25 but after the age of like 22 age has less and less meaning in my life.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Of course...I'll be half a hundred in March. My daughter hates when I say it like that but it's true. But you know when you get to the point where you really forget then maybe you shouldn't be giving advice on places like this. LOL
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010