Cardiac diet????

My mother is in the hospital and got put on a cardiac diet.. I am going to continue it when she gets out but I have no clue exactly how to go about doing it. Any ideas or information I can get from anyone who has or is doing this diet for themselves or others would be appreciated. thanks.

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Low sodium, for sure. I've never been on a cardiac diet, but my dad & I have both been cardiac patients. Ask her doctor to hook you up with a dietician while you're visiting her at the hospital.
    Anonymous

• Low fat and low to no salt.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Well she got out this evening and I asked the nurse about getting information for it all she said was to go online and look. But that really doesn't help to much for me so I am thinking about asking my wic office about it when I go in for my next appointment since I am supposed to be seeing the nutritionist for myself. But I am sure glad to be home I stayed up there with her all weekend. Thank you for .your time on answering this
    angelmine2011

Comment by angelmine2011 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'd call and ask the Dr.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2011