I'm nervous about being induced

I developed PUPPS about 9 days ago, and when I went to the doctor on Thursday she was very adament about inducing me. I'm 38 weeks today and my doctor has scheduled me to be induced on Tuesday. She said the baby is measuring big and he is full term so she's not worried about him. She said I just look miserable and she doesn't want me to scratch myself until I bleed anymore. I don't want that either, but I'm really nervous about being induced! So I guess my question is: Have you been induced? What was your experience? Good or Bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my second DD, my doctor broke my water. No drugs involved. I had her like 6 hours later.

Answer by louise2 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had all my children naturally, without induction. My daughter, however, was given pitocin after her water had broken and before she had actually gone into labor. She didn't want it, but she really wasn't given any other choice after she checked into the hospital. It was a horrible experience and it ended with a c-section. Ten weeks ago, she gave birth to another child, had him naturally without intervention, and it was a wonderful experience. In order to get to do this, she had to a lot of doctor shopping. If you don't want to be induced, you do not have to agree to it, but you may have to find another doctor. There are those who will take you, even at this late hour.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was induced w/ my son 6 yrs ago. It was long and wont lie, miserable! lol, But I never asked for the epidural til late. Once I got that it wasn't bad of course, but I ended up having a c-section because I stopped dialating. Its not bad for everyone tho. I have a friend that was just induced a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't bad for her at all. Same w/ my other friend who delivered in aug. Good luck to you! and congrats!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was induced with both babies, due to dangerously low amneotic fluid. It wasn't bad. The pitocin sucks, makes the contractions painful once right on top of the other. I took the epideral both times too....it was more painful than I could take, as many people told me. But it really wasn't horrible at all. I actually slept part of the time also, at the beginnings of both labors.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was induced at 40 weeks and it went GREAT! I went in at 7:00 pm and I was hooked up to whatever they need to. My DH watched Monday night football. I went to sleep at around 10pm & my DH slept on a pull out couch in the room with me. At around 7:00am I woke up feeling a little crampy. I watched TV for a while. The Nurse said to get up & shower although I really didn't want to but I got in the shower & the contractions started right away. I got out, fixed my hair and got back in bed & the nurse said "do you want an epidural & I said is it too early & she said no". I didn't even feel the epidural go in in between mild contractions. My water broke on it's own. I said I feel the baby & sure enough he was on his way out. They got the Dr. & my son was born with 4-5 pushes! I HIGHLY recommend induction. It goes like clockwork & easy! Good luck!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was induced with both of my sons. My labors were really short and the deliveries easy.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had to be induced due to my blood pressure, It was strange but just talk to your doctor about your concerns the wierdest part was when they broke my water but it wasnt painfull.....
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i was 41 weeks along, she wasnt moving, and i couldn't breathe i was so big 165 pounds on 5-2 frame... orig weight 125... first child at age 39 *(have adopted son whose 7 ). SO i had my baby in march. midwife said i needed a c-section since her head was large and my body smallish, but then medical CODING fo rthe hospital to make money kicked in, and the doctor told the midwife, no, she has to start an active pattern of labor first... SOoo...they broke my water with ahook liek thing, it got sort of bloody for some reason, yick... and the water would gush out when i moved from bed to chair upright. I naturallabored for 6 hours (6pm to midnight). then her head pinched a nerve between her little skull and my pelvis, and i got an epidural and did 6 hrs of pitocin labor. babies DONT tolerate HARD pitocin contractions if NO water cushion! so her heartbeat nearly stopped 4 times and i got a high fever with violent shakes! So cesarean
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 3:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was induced at 38 weeks with my 3rd. It went wonderfully! I knew when it was going to happen, so I had time to relax and feel very prepared. I had pitocin starting at 6:30, and my daughter was born at 11:30. The contractions were no harder, faster, or longer than in my previous two vaginal deliveries. Don't let anyone scare you - it's NOT always a bad experience!

Answer by missanc at 3:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was induced at 37/38 weeks due to low amniotic levels and two weeks of unproductive labor- I was getting sick and losing my appetite by the time we decided to induce because of the labor, and my ob didn't want me losing the weight I had worked so hard to gain, or getting sicker I guess. It lasted six hours from the start of the pitocin drip. Three hours in they broke my water. I had about thirty minutes of pushing. It wasn't fun, I would have preferred to go into labor gradually, and am hoping to this time, but last time it was for the best. The thing I remember the most that I didn't like about the induction was that I didn't get any time to relax and get used to the labor process; it was fast and hard, then it was done- I didn't get a gradual increase in labor. It was just active labor right away, and I hadn't felt any of the previous two weeks' contractions. But DD was still born, and healthy-that's what mattered:)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010