what would you do?

I started a job a month ago . the women act petty ,,gossip and are mean. fro 10.oo an hour i want to leave, but realy shld stick it out. when i get in my car i am crying ...to say the least the moral is terribble

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Stay because it's a job, but actively look for a new job
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would stay in the job. but be looking for another. In the mean time, do not talk to the orhter employees unless you have to for work.

Answer by louise2 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Keep your head low and just do what you're supposed to. In the meanwhile you can look for another job. People will always gossip and talk crap no matter where you are, it just sounds like these 'ladies' are more blunt than most.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• don't worry abou tthose jerks and i mean the colleagues who are female... jeez you are not there to be popular, its not high school sorry it is for THEM! try to stick it out fo rthe money and for the experience and to HAVE a job at all! i am not yellin gat you i am just mad at those folks...so weird! anyway that is negative energy so just do your own thing and thinkyour own thughts...if the atmosphere is that way it must be sort of not a plum job so mayeb try to get a radfio to keep you company. who cares if you go to lunch by yourself or bring form home. go "take care of" yourself in the bathroom to give yourself som efun lol... do you feel liek cryign because you are shunned or they talk about You?? or are you sad for whom they rag on? what nasty creatures those people. pay them no attention and even think of cool comebacks or laugh at them out LOUD when they get stupid. wow. wishign you luck and persistence girl!! high five
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 3:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Do you like the job? If so then I would try to avoid the women, or if that is not possible think about talking to HR and telling them the women are making the workplace uncomfortable with their gossiping and comments. If you do not like the job then it might be a good idea to start sending out resumes and looking for another job. Keep working this job and try to not let the women bother you, and as soon as you find something better give notice.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Thank you guys ,,it is so hard. we hd a girl leave last week they gave her no cake ,,nothing i heard my boss say"frig her for leaving.....I got yelled at for leaving at 427 opposed to 430 without realizing the time ..'she says write it down so we can dock you or pretend to do something for 3 min,,,,,,COME ON IM 43 ,,NOT 10..and you pay me 10,oo an hour,,,,,,,ugggg I cant sleep ,,im in such an upset/bad mood.
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We work with the same people I am about to take advice from the person who has worked there for twenty years get in and get out I cried this weekend but gary told me its a job and not your whole life go in there kick some ass and leave knowing you did bring it advice I am taking as well. (((HUGS)))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Be The Good Example & Don't Join In. & Stay Until You Find A Better Paying Job. I Always Find That If I Don't NEED the Job, I Have More Confidence In The Interview & End Up Getting It.
    TammyArms

Answer by TammyArms at 4:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would look for a new job and plan to leave this place. I have sorked for mentally stressing jobs before, and I hate to cry at work!! You deserve better atmosphere than that, in order to do your best work.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You need to grow a thick skin until you get an other job. You don't just want to up and quit a job you just started because that will reflect badly on you not them. Instead, tell yourself you are there for the experience and the pay check and then continue to look for something else.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010