Here's the BIG deal!

okay exactly 2 months ago from today i had my baby girl by c-section (induced)....so i bleed for a couple weeks and stop bleeding and finally got my period October 17 and i say about 2 days later i had i sex( no to mention i had sex like the day before my period start which made me think thats why my period came down in the first place...2 days after my period i had sex and then lke 2 or 3 days later i start noticing im spotting and theirs lke a thick mucus coming out along with it.im not really cramping or anything with the spotting but i have notice my bowels r a little loosed and making me very made b/c who likes to have loose bowels at their boyfriends house lol....well anyways bottom line is could be pregnant again? r these the signs? im not breastfeeding my daughter either which i choose to mention b/c i hear breastfeeding can kinda help prevent u from getting pregnant so soon after just having a baby
*Michelle*

MsDunn4

Asked by MsDunn4 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Of course you could be pregnant, but if you're not then it sounds like something may be wrong. I would get in to your doctor just to be safe. Was everything ok at your 6 week checkup?

Also, exclusively breastfeeding on demand often stops ovulation, but it's not failsafe and should only be used by couples who are ok with the idea that it can fail.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That's a total myth that breastfeeding prevents pregnancies. Many women who are breastfeeding get pregnant.

Anonymous

• Did you use protection? If not, then yes, you very well can be pregnant.
    And just to dispell: Yes, breastfeeding can be kind of like a contraceptive, but that's only if you're nursing on demand FREQUENTLY and never supplimenting, and even then I would always assume you could still get pregnant to err on the side of caution.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It almost sounds more like an infection or virus. Maybe go to the doctor and ask. Good luck.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 9:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You could be pregnant, you had sex... BUT if your not, I'd wait for a while! I've had two c-sections and the stretching isn't fun, I can't imagine getting preggo that soon after having one. Mine were 6 months and 9 months after... still soon but not as bad. Good luck though, if you are, if will be okay... just ask your doc if you have discomfort
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2008