For the ladies with more than one child :)

So we are expecting our third child very soon, I am 37 weeks today! I was induced with my oldest at 38 weeks (my choice) bc my bp was a little high. With my second, I was 40 weeks and 6 days pregnant and my water broke and did everything natural. My question is just bc my last who I went into labor with naturally was overdue...does this necessarily mean our third will be overdue? What do you guys think?

ProudMommyOH3

Asked by ProudMommyOH3 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's impossible to say. I was almost 3 weeks overdue with my first and then my following two were just about right on time. As a doula, though, I go through the waiting game with women a lot and have found that yes, some womens bodies do not like to go into labor naturally, but then again some do. Some are different every single time. It's really impossible to tell. Due dates themselves are such an unreliable form of telling when your child will be due. I think it's just torture for women. I wish they would say "you can expect to have your baby sometime in "november" (or whenever)" 40 weeks and 6 days is not very "over due"...but I know that it feels that way when you are in it.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 4:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• wow i am 38 weeks with my 3rd child and im getting induced wed my choice.........but i had my son(2nd child) at 37 weeks so there no telling when you will go or if you will be late or not. all of mine were born diff times and my second didnt hold on as long as my first and this one is stuburn as all get out so i think it just depends on the baby!! goodluck!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my first was overdue by two weeks, my second i was induced 2 weeks early bc my doc was going on vacation, m third i went into labor on my own at 38 weeks. it always varies.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• All 3 of mine were overdue but I don't know it means once overdue always overdue. 1st week late/natural
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 4:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think it means you are more likely to be late at least that is my experience. I am on my 4th pregnancy and they have all been late/
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• mine were early from a few days to a week but I was induced with my little man and I don't think it matters if you were early or not you might get lucky and be a little early.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010