Did you believe in Santa when you were little?

Until what age? How did you find out he's fake, how did it make you feel?

I wouldn't know, because I never believed in Santa. My parents never encouraged it and my brothers, sister and me always knew where the presents came from and whom to thank for them.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• YES. I had to be TOLD he was not real when I was in 5th grade. My parents felt it was time. Why I never caught onto it has to do with when I was 4. That Christmas Eve, there was A VERY LOUD noise in the middle of the night. I assumed Santa had landed on our roof. My parents agreed at that time, and ever since I was convinced he was real. My dad had to tell me he wasn't, and that noise in 1984 scared the hell out of him and my mom. LOL They don't know what it was.

I so enjoy doing Santa with my own kids today.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My Mom Always Signed Santa's Name On My Christmas Presents But I Never Actuall "Found Out" He Didn't Exist. I Think I Just Always Knew From Hearsay.
    TammyArms

Answer by TammyArms at 4:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• no we didn't... he was a fun character, but not someone we believed existed... i like knowing my parents were honest with me!
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 4:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• until I was nine and my mom told me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• What?!! He doesn't exist?!!!

Yes, I believed and it was such a magical time as a kid. I think I was about 9 - 10 when I found out for sure.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I was about 7. My big sister told me because she was mad at me. She got her butt spanked..lol. My Mother is 75 and to this day she has never said there wasn't a Santa, ever. It didn't make me feel bad. My Mom worked hard to raise 5 kids alone.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No, I never believed in Santa. My mother tried to do the Santa thing, but I guess I just never bought into it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• yes
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 5:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No, i didn't. We just didn't do the Santa thing. First off, I'm hindu...secondly, my mom is a native Argentinian & they had no Santa down there. We always have the best Christmases though! Huge family gatherings with lots of food & gifts! It was & still is the best holiday for our family. Even though we are Hindu, some of our family members are Christian & we all celebrate the birth of Jesus on that day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010