Do baby jumpers cause babies to become bow legged?

My husband and I weren't planning on getting a baby jumper but we got one at my baby shower. I obviously won't be using until his about 6 months, when he has strong neck muscles and his able to sit upright freely.
I've looked it up on google and the answers I got are very controversial. Some answers I got are strongly for and some are strongly against so I'm very confused.

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 4:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about Bowed legs but I have never met a child who has liked a Jumper. An exersaucer lets a baby jump and play and both of my children have loved playing in it but have hated the johnny jumper, as have my friends children.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 4:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I put my youngest in a jumper at 4 months (he was alread18 lbs) he started really bouncing at 5 1/2 months
    and he bounced in his constantly and his legs are really straight and he walks fine. The bouncer actually gives them a lot of support and a good leg workout and makes for a nice long nap or night of sleep lol. Usually babies become bowlegged when they walk too soon un supported. If you don't think it's a good idea then talk to your Dr. and good luck!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My baby LOVED her jumper for a good 5 months. You have to make sure that it's set up at an appropriate height for your baby.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 5:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I used a jumper for my dd, and let me tell you it was a godsend! my dd didnt cry not once while in it, and just bounced until she couldnt bounce anymore! My dd is far from bowlegged and walked at 12 months! I would say do it, and see if your child likes it!
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have a doorway jumper and a Jumperoo. These things are awesome. My son loves them both. i started him in them at around 3 1/2 months, he is 7 months and still lovin it, his legs are perfectly fine. Your baby will love it and it gives you some time to get stuff done around the house
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It is good exercise for baby when they are physically ready for it..give it a try to see if your baby likes it. All of my friends babies loved it, my first son loved it I havent tried my 4 month in it yet but will soon!! BTW none of those babies are bowlegged ;)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010