Thanksgiving gift question..

we have a huge thanksgiving get together, extened fam about 25 people.. do any of you bring thngs to pass out? small little gifts or anything? I wanted to do something this year.. maybe write cards of why i am thankful for each one. Also, my hubby is a police officer and constantly working and wont be able to be with us on thanksgiving. im a huge family/holiday person and i wanted to do a little something for him but more than just a card... any ideas? or what are some things you have done? I know thanksgiving isnt a gift holiday or anything...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• That is very sweet. Love the personal cards for each person. You must be very thankful this year!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Maybe for the family members you could make something. First thing that came to mind was mini loaves of pumpkin bread or something like that with a note. For my hubby he never seems to be home for holidays. If he is gone gone I just write him a note and a card. If he is home it is odd but we don't really do anything.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I bring corn bread and cranberries. We each just contribute a dish in my family.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I like your ideas about the cards, that is really nice. I generally just take a bottle of wine or flowers if we are going somewhere. The pp idea about making mini pumpkin breads is a great idea too. You could even do some fudge and add with it. For your hubby, I can tell you what mine would like if he couldn't be there for dinner: he would love it if I baked a pumpkin pie just for him and he had it there to eat when he got home.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2010