Woman tells my daughter that her mommy's shirt is not appropriated.

Okay, my daughter and I went out shopping. I just grabbed a shirt and jeans and off we went. While shopping I had this woman come up to my 15 month old daughter & tell her that she thought that her mommy's shirt is not appropriate. My shirt says 'Save the ta-tas' for breast-cancer awareness. I didn't know what to say! I couldn't believe that this woman would have the gull to tell my daughter that. I did manage to tell this woman that she might not see it as appropriate but I was supporting breast cancer awareness and survivors (like my mother) by wearing the shirt. Has something like this happened to you? How do you handle it?

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 4:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• o c now i would have HAD to say something back, i am to much of a red head to keep my mouth shut i would have most likely said something like "oh thank you for showing my daughter such a good example of bad manners! now she will know how not to act in public"
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• "Well, I think it's inappropriate for you to be telling MY CHILD what is or isn't okay for me to wear, since, you know, she's MY CHILD. If you have a problem with my shirt, tell ME, not my kid you passive aggressive bitch. Have a nice fucking day." :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Wow, that's nuts. I'm not sure what I would have said. What a bitch.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• How do you handle it? What's to handle? Simply move on.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have a save the tatas shirt :D I want a sweatshirt....I would said well i guess we wont be seeing you supporting any causes lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• HA I make and where rude shirts just to get peoples reactions.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• She said something inappropriate. What should you do? Match her inappropriateness? Or rise above it?

MOVE ON
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 8:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I wore a shirt that had Road kill cafe on it and a teacher asked me how old I was the shirt did not seem right for a parent
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have NEVER had anything like that happen to me! I would be at a lose as to what to say! wow. the nerve of some people.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• 405mom, you make shirts? Do you have a website? I am constantly buying my husband shirts that are both offensive and funny. "Don't tell me about your god and I won't tell you about my evil" "I'm not mean, you're just a sissy", etc.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010