My 9 yr old son has been having problems with listening and thinking before he acts/says something, is this normal for a 9 yr old boy?

Before you answer, I only want mothers who have experience with older children to answer, if you have a 4 yr old and he is your oldest then you probably don't know what you are talking about. I have taken him to see a psychologist in town bc he was having some problems in school due to him saying or doing things without thinking first about the consequences of his actions, after a couple of visits with her she determined that it wasn't necessary for him to be seen by her anymore. Well, recently we had an incident at school where my son said something that was inappropriate to another student resulting in a one day out of school suspension. We have tried taking away things, spanking, and talking to him about the seriousness of what he did in a way he would understand. I just wanted to know if any of you with older children have gone through this same thing, it would help me if I could see that I wasn't alone.

dizzy77702

Asked by dizzy77702 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son was like that.I had problems with him not paying attention/focusing,agressivness,not finishing school work,self control.So I took him to his pediatrician and my son was diagnosed with ADHD.He takes Adderall xr.Now he's doing good.No more agressivness and does ok in school.Sometimes.lol
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010