my daughter has mommy separation anxieties what do i do???

She screams when i leave her sight...like when i just go to the bathroom or the next room,even when i just walk a couple steps away from her.
when in the car i have to put my hand on her knee cuz my mom does it when she watches her.
If i hold my friends kids or just play wit them she would start screaming and hit them sometimes.

emmasmama505

Asked by emmasmama505 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aww I'm sorry. How old is she? Just talk to her as you leave the room and she can hear you. As far as hitting others, be firm and do not give in.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• So does my 1yr old. They should get together cause they have a lot in common. Oh yeah and the hand in back of the car thing, I got that down. My son screams his little head off when I leave. I'm working with him now? How does your daughter do when it's time for bed?
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Enjoy your notoriety, it too will fade away soon........

Answer by older at 5:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• well she is almost 2....and i do talk to her even when i go outside she sees me through the window and still screams.
    She screams her head off when i put her down to bed she wants me to hold her hand
    emmasmama505

Comment by emmasmama505 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've got something that worked like a charm-
    we took some dolls and played 'the come back game' we had a doll leave so that the little one couldn't see it, had another doll cry for them as they were leaving. The leaving doll would assure the upset one 'I'll come back!'
    then the one that left would come back and everyone would be happy!
    then we had one of us do the same thing. After about 15 minutes she was playing the game too- she'd go away and tell us that she'd come back. we'd go on about how much we missed her, then she'd come back and we'd be so happy.

so after she got the idea of it, we'd always say 'I'll come back' when we'd leave.

as for her hitting the other kids out of jealousy, not really sure about that.
    hope that helps.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Awwww! I know you are frustrated, but it is so sweet. My son has Autism and has no separate anxiety at all. I would love for him to cling to me and get upset when I leave. :(
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010