am i wrong for being upset & hurt?

I went to the E.R. i'm 23 wks pregnant and was there for a long time my sisters didnt even bother to txt or call me to see how i was doing and the next day after im out of the hospital i come to find that they decided to have a family get together to drink and karaokee. knowing i was in the hospital. I have always been there for them and if they ever need me or something happens i go to their side or if i really can't i atleast call or txt them. I feel alone and lately i've also come to find out that this has not happened just once but they have been excluding me from everything from baptisms to b days you name it ! :( we have not gotten in any arguments because i keep my feelings to myself all the time and cry when i'm alone. I feel like i have no one to talk to, or No Family at all and for no freaking Reason...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• It hurts. U need all the support youcan get right know because you have a little one inside. Remember nobody can hear your feelings. You need to speak up, not just for yourself but for your little one. If your stressed your baby is stressed. Also see if you have any support groups in your area. That way if your family isn't there for you you can have people who will be. I know it's easier said then done but know is a time to really work on expressing your feelings. you deserve to be heard. Stay in touch. I've been there.
    Jen
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Screw them. You don't need them. You have us on Cafemom as support! :) Are you and baby ok?
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 5:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The hormonal ups and downs are part of pregnancy. The stress from feeling left out and their being thoughtless seems inappropriate for them to be doing at this time. Having a baby is supposed to be a blessed event but being pregnant is not always easy.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• First (((HUGS))))) Second care give is not always returned and yes I know what its like to have been excluded from activities I am sorry but what you need to do is sit down and ask them why and if a family discussion does not solve this move on you will have your own child and build your own family leave the door open but do not wait around. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would be upset too, but I would inquire as to why they are doing this.

Answer by older at 5:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I'm really sorry they hurt you like this-

have you asked them what's up? not saying you did anything wrong, but if they have been excluding you, seems like it's coming from somewhere.
    I'd try to talk to them, if they don't give a reason or don't want to talk about it, then nothing you can do-
    sorry this is happening.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• *HUGS* this is very hurtful and you have every right to your feelings. Have you tried asking them why they are excluding you? It seems like it has to be coming from somewhere and not just out of the blue. If they refuse to give you any reasonable explanation I think its best you just cut ties with them and move forward. I wouldnt want to continue my pregnancy feeling as if I didnt have the support and love from my family and to have that for my child . I'd always leave the door open for them to come and make a recolition but I wouldnt wait for it if they have been doing this for quite sometime. Good Luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• THANKS :)  MY BABY LUCKILY IS OK NOW JUST STRICT BED REST BUT THEY LEFT ME @ THE HOSPITAL FOR 3 DAYS JUST TO MAKE SURE AND NOT ONLY WAS I HAVING CONTRACTIONS BUT ALSO THE ACID IN MY STOMACH LITERALLY BURNED MY THROAT!  THEY HAD TO GIVE ME MEDS AND ALL THAT. I ALSO HAVE TRIED TO TALK TO THEM BUT THEY REJECT MY CALLS OR SAY THEY ARE ALWAYS BUSY THAT THEY'LL CALL ME BACK... BUT WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN SOO CLOSE THEY HAVE KIDS TOO. ALL I WANTED WAS A SIMPLE CALL OR TXT TO SHOW THAT THEY CARE TO SEE HOW IM DOING. I WASNT ASKING THEM TO BE BY MY SIDE... ( I FEEL MUCH COMFORTABLE NOW TO SHOW MY FACE HERE TO YOU GUYS THANKS YOUR WORDS MEAN ALOT TO ME AND ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED) :)

mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• YES :) I'M ALAYS HOME NEVER TALK TO ANYONE SO I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHERE IF ANY PLACE WOULD THIS BE COMING FROM... EVER SINCE I GOT MARRIED I HARDLY HAVE ANY FRIENDS ONLY IF I SEE THEM AT A STORE ILL SAY HI, AND NOT BECAUSE MY DH DOESNT LET ME GO OUT OR TALK TO THEM HE ACTUALLY INCOURAGES ME TO GO OUT BUT I JUST LIKE TO STAY HOME AND AVOID ALL THE DRAMA OR RUMORS STUFF LIKE THAT... BUT YESTERDAY I SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT CRYING....EVEN MY 3 YR OLD SON TOLD ME "MOMMA DON'T CRY WE YOUR FAMILY " AND PATTED ME ON MY ARM AND KISSED ME SO I TRIED MY HARDEST TO SUCK IT UP AND STOPPED CRYING UNTIL HE FELL ASLEEP..

mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Hugs!!! I am glad everything is ok with your baby. I hate to say it but it might be best to distance yourself (or cut all contact) and not be so quick to go to them (in their time of need). If it were me I'd be a bit mean and I would not call them right away when the baby is born, I would wait a few days. If they get upset too bad they should have been there for you and given you love and support you needed when you were in the hospital worried about your unborn baby -not sitting home and singing karaoke. There was no reason why they could not have called you or sent a text. Your little one sounds like quite a sweetie, cheers to him for trying to make momma feel better.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010