my bf doesn't want to have sex often anymore? adult content

My bf and i have been dating for a yr in december. he moved in w me and my 3 kids in july and since september doesnt want to have sex more than 2x a week. WHY?! I dont need it every day but 4-5 times a week... he doesnt want our relationship to revolve around sex. i tried to explain to him that it makes me feel closer to him. its like we reversed male and female roles here! We used to have sex a lot! he said hes just tired and doesnt need to have sex and that im a sex addict... im 24 and hes 26.

scaputo19

Asked by scaputo19 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't call you a addict, but it just sounds like you have a higher sex drive. Twice a week is still a healthy amount.
    but if you want it more, I'd get myself a good toy and have some fun solo for the times he's not in the mood-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• he gets upset about that
    scaputo19

Comment by scaputo19 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• you could always try to surprise him with a sexy evening. he might be bored with a certain routine if you guys have one. My DH is always more willing when its out of the blue and hes not expecting it. Good luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Maybe living with 3 kids is scaring his little turtle a bit.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• How was your sex relationship before? When men are stressed thier sex drive isnt as high. Maybe the move-in is still new. If he's changed emotionally in any other way, he could be backing off. Like not wanting to touch or cuddle as much. I know what you mean girl. I'm the same way. Sex is very nice. It's not just a time to get your freak on but it's a time to emotionally connect and for woman thats very important. If he's the same other then not having as much sex then give him awhile. If your noticing a lack of other emotional traits then it could be something else. I say give him a break for awhile.

Jen
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• This may sound a bit manipulative but stop approaching him for sex...AT ALL. As a matter of fact, take things up a notch and dress a little sexier when you leave the house, don't answer his cell calls right away, wait about an hour, come home late one or go to a gf house and hang out and come home late one or two nights a week. Unfortunately, we appreciate a man that showers us with love, attention and adoration, all these are things that men see as clingy and needy and makes them back away. Yes, unfortunately...our grandmothers were right, playing hard to get, even in a permanent relationship is the best rule of thumb. Good luck!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• He gets upset too bad and your not a sex addict I have toys and now I am sure of one thing start going out by yourself find your own activity and get out and make friends it helps.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't have an answer for you because I am living the same way. I don't want sex as often as you but I would like it a couple of times a week. Right now it is more like once a year.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 6:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It may be the children issues...DH moved in with me and I have three children it took about 6 months for him to get use to having children around...also relax a bit and sex is nothing to argue over...at least you get it 2 x a week some women get it 1 x a month or evey few months or weeks...just relax and let him settle in a little bit it will get better....
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• thx ladies! tons of help!
    scaputo19

Comment by scaputo19 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010