ttc baby #2. with a blood ? adult content

this will be our second baby we are ttc. and with baby #1(3 years ago) my uterus would not contract back causeing me to hemmorage. almost had to have a blood transfusion. my baby weighed 9lb 4ozs. i was in labor for 12 hours and pushed and hour and half.
I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT CAUSE'S WOMEN TO HEMMORAGE? IS THERE N E WAY TO PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING? MAYBE C=SECTION? please no rude comments please!

leAnn21

Asked by leAnn21 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There is nothing you can do.. The doctors and nurses will watch you closely. Just because it happened the first time does not mean it will happen again.. As for the c-section, If I remember my OB/peds rotation, a c-section can increase your risk..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If they know about it ahead of time they can have preventative measures in place when you deliver. I had the same problem first time around and had three more no problems.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• thanks so much...did have all ur kids natural...?
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i hemmoraged 10 days after my first baby. then with no.2 i let the dr. know that it happened but it ended up that i didn't have trouble with it again.
    TZimm

Answer by TZimm at 9:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• really?? thats great..im glad to hear strories like this..awsome
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2010