this is way to hard!

how much baby stuff should i buy? i mean i know the baby grows fast but i want just enough. This is stressing me out =/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is tough. You will find as time goes on, it gets easier. Don't get much until you have your baby shower. You will kinda know what to get after that. Clothes were big for me. Since I planned on co-sleeping, we didn't need a crib and I don't really use changing tables either. :) Car seat is important, stroller is personal preference. I find that it is handy, even if you don't use it often. If you baby is coming soon, get warm fuzzy sleepers, but get some light weight too. Hope this helps.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• They really don't need that much stuff. We didn't even have a changing table when our son was a baby I would just change him on the bed of couch.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My advice is to skip or but little newborn stuff... they grow out of it way too fast. I started with 6 months stuff and that worked out and lasted longer.. It was a little big but not too much! You probably don't need as much as you think
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, I'm pretty sure you know the very basics of what a baby needs, like clothes and diapers and wipes and bottles and such. Pretty much ANYTHING other than the bare necessities are luxuries, and you don't HAVE to have them just because your peers or Babies-R-Us says you do. You don't really "need" a wipe warmer, or a changing table, or a bassinet, or a mobile, or a matching nursery set, etc.

Just make sure not to buy way too much newborn stuff, your baby will grow out of it VERY quickly...and you never know, but your baby might not even fit in the newborn stuff at all to begin with! It's pretty scary in the beginning, but you just learn as you go along =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Every baby is different. My daughter was 8lbs when she was born. She stayed in NB stuff for 2m then she moved to 0-3m for about 3m then she went to 3-6 for about 4m she is now 10m and weighs 18lbs and just now fits in 6-9m clothes i say buy as you go but for now i would get a couple premie just in cause thats all she would fit in for about 2wks and some NB and a few 0-3m.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I agree with the others, don't go too crazy on newborn stuff. My ds was born at 9 lbs and only fit in his newborn clothes for a couple of weeks. He's 4 1/2 months now, and in 12 month pants (we cloth diaper, in disposables he'd be in 9m) and 6-9 m tops and onesies, depending on the brand. If you join a due date group you can compare with other mommies. Most websites with registries (amazon, babies r us, Target, etc) have registry guides. Just go by those and then use some common sense about things you can do without.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008