My boyfriend and I love eachother and there is no doubt, but how can I get him to treat me better?

At times he makes me feel horrible about myself but I can tell he doesn't really mean it. How can I improve - I mean how can WE improve our relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• The most important thing i have ever learned in the realm of relationships...never try to change anyone. It cannot be done.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 9:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• well... he can start by not saying or doing whatever he is doing to make you feel horrible about yourself. and do you have any insecurities? maybe you need to feel more better about yourself and he'll realize he needs to treat you better. we teach people how to treat us. so it depends all on you. if you allow him to do what he is doing, he'll think its okay. it does take work on both ends though. so good luck with everything. talking things out and figuring out what to do to make things better TOGETHER is best.
    Anonymous

• Only because I am married and PISSED right now..I say..Don't MARRY him if he's doing that to you now..because it gets worse when your married....sorry just had to get that out.

The best thing though is to TALK everything out...no matter what. He may not like what you say or vise versa but talking helps A LOT. Trust me...I do take my own advise but sometimes it just doesn't work.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2008