water breaking?

i have never experienced my water breaking.. i know it is ok to still take baths but i was curious to know what it looks like? is it like a big gush of clear liquid? would i be able to tell if it broke when i was in the bath??

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine only broke naturally with my first pregnancy...I was in bed sleeping and I had to pee so I got up and went and laid back down and as soon as I laid back down I started "peeing" again but I couldn't stop! So I jumped back up and ran to the bathroom only the "pee" wouldn't stop. I then realized it was my water breaking. I don't know if you would feel it in the tub...I didn't feel any pressure or anything when it happened...just honestly thought I was peeing myself...lol...it was clear.

They told me in child birth class that when your water breaks to remember your "COAT" which meant to make note of:
    C- color
    O- odor
    A- amount
    T- time
    And low and behold when I called them they asked me all of those questions.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• NO you wouldn't liquid wise. Mine was clear. Now you might feel the pressure of it pop but probably only if you're standing.
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 6:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Just pay attention to contractions. My best friend's sister just lost a baby 2 months ago because her water broke at 32weeks and she didn't know it. When the contractions started, they gave her a shot of tributiline to stop them. She had the baby 8 days later, and 20 days after that the baby passed away due to malnutrition. If you're having contractions early, and go in to the hospital, make sure they CHECK YOUR WATER!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010