My daughter( 20) and My other son who is 24 and my grandson( One years old )moved back to Michigan

Im very sad Have any of your kids moved in another state? How do you cope?

kathy067j

Asked by kathy067j at 6:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• My oldest son joined the Army at 19 and lived in another state for 5 years, my 22 year old moved to TX 3 years ago, my 20yo is in the Army and is in another state and my 18yo goes to college in another state. I don't think I have ever been sad that they live farther away, we talk a lot and we are all very close so I don't feel their absense too greatly. Hubby and I are at a new place in our life together and while we both miss having children around we also enjoy it just being the 2 of us.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Im just sad about this
    kathy067j

Comment by kathy067j (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It's hard. My Mom had a hard time when my sisters and I all live in a different state from her. It wasn't really our choice. The Navy says go, and you go. The other two had to move where there was work for their husbands. It is hard..but you can make it work. We bought a video camera for the computer. We uploaded Yahoo for my Mom and then we could see and hear each other once a week. As my boys got older they would get on every few days with her. Once my oldest was very upset because he was denied permission to do something he really wanted. He got on video chat with my Mom and triied to convince her to 'make me' let him go..LOL Just stay in touch..it makes a big difference.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i come from a family of 14 so my mom was upset at first but by the time my youngest sister moved out west she had down pack,think it this way they not far as you think their air plane away,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i would just die or would feel like it
    randten

Answer by randten at 1:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010