Hubby says i will stay home with her ..

Okay my older daughter High school band (she is the drum major and a JR.)Are going to the State Contest ... Now the problem is Hubby says are 2 y/o doesnt need to go .. Okay i agree its a long trip ..But he says he is staying home with her from work but he is only working Four days aweek as it is ... My mother has offered to babysit so he doesnt have to miss work.. But he says NO if i go , he stays home ....Would you go or stay ? and how would you explain to your mother ?

tweetyfan

Asked by tweetyfan at 9:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• if he's gonna stay home...you ALL might as well go...he will be there to help with the 2 year old! maybe he thinks your taking a vacation and he should to lol! it would be nice if you all go! loud music to...so the two yo should be fine!
    mojomom2006

Answer by mojomom2006 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would go...and figure out the finances later..... I have a feeling him missing work bugs you because it NOT paid time off.....

Just tell your mom.... DH really wanted to stay home with the 2 yr old and spend the time with just the 2 of them. If she questions the finances, then I would say "I know it will make things a little tighter, but we'll be okay
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think it's sweet that your hubby will stay with the two year old. Most men panic if they have they kids for a few hours all by themselves, let alone four days! Tell him it's a good idea (great opportunity for daddy and daughter to bond)

Let your mom know that you are thankful for her offer, but hubby can handle it. You don't have to explain your financial situation with her. That should be between you and your husband. If you think her feelings will be hurt, spend a day out with her before the trip. Maybe take her and the kids to the zoo or park.
    Anonymous

• 10:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 by: Anonymous
    He is an awesome dad ... But he would only be keeping her 1 day .. but he does keep her when i have been on other band trips ... with long traveling hrs .. lol . He doesnt let anybody keep her .. all i got to do is say i think Diamond need to go to your sisters .He says "NO I WILL TAKE CARE OF HER SHE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE...
    tweetyfan

Answer by tweetyfan at 10:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• He is capable of taking care of his daughter,and you are lucky enough to be married to him. He can take care of her just as well as your mom, if not better. It is his daughter too. He knows her quirks and he knows what to do. Why would you even want or ask your Mom to do this if her Dad is home and wanting to do it.? you are lucky girl!!!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I would tell your mom about how wonderful it is that he wants to spend time with his daughter.Make it sound like a happy thing.And tell her when you get back from your trip, all of you will come to visit her.Your mom should appreciate that her grand baby has a daddy that loves her.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 2:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2008