Is it wrong to feel disappointment with God?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think we all feel angry, disappointed, etc at certain times. But when the smoke clears and we sit still and listen, we will hear Him. He is always with us and never leaves us. The enemy attacks us and puts the disappointment in our hearts in an effort to turn us from Him. What are you disappointed about (you don't have to answer here, just for reflection)? What's going on around you? I have have many things happen in my life but I am now at a point in my Christian walk were I correctly place the blame on the enemy or myself (according to the situation) rather than on God. God is love and is perfect in His love for us.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 8:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I feel that if you are disappointed it is because you do not understand His path for you. Just realize the He does have a plan even if you don't fully understand the path.

Many days I just have to remember that I am at His mercy and once I give myself up to that, everything works out for the best.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've always felt disappointed w/ God. I lost my faith at a young age. I went through I lot of stuff and as I little girl I always wondered "why me?!" People always said "have faith" or "trust God" or "he has a plan for you" or some other cliche phrase that never meant anything. Since I was 11 I've followed my own path & made my own way and I've been successful in trusting in myself and nothing else. God doesn't exist to me. And if he does, he's failed me. That's why I'm not a Christian. I went to church & did what I was supposed to & have been a good person. I have no god to rely on or need one for validation. Everything has worked out in my life w/o the oh,mighty Lord.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• its not wrong only human btu there shoudl be a close relationship and a trust... to call on Him whwnever you need to liek a friend... i do... he is there, it is always those that dont believe in him who are the most hyperactive in denying Him...cause they can feel Him too.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 6:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I may be bashed for this but oh well.. I am not religious in the sense you are so here is my take.... Why would you be disappointed with God for the way YOU live your life or the choices YOU make.. If you are disappointed, it should be in your actions not his. Every action has a consequence some good some bad but I don't think OUR failures fall on him. The same way I believe our success do not fall on him, it is what WE did, how hard we worked etc.. Of course this is a general response and a general you...

I do think it's ok to be disappointed with life at times but I don't think if falls on just one person or God...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No, I don't believe its wrong to feel disappointed. We're only human, we don't see or understand the whole picture. We don't see things through His eyes to know what He's doing, so its easy to be disappointed with the little we actually do see, if that makes sense. Hopefully, though, with time we come to better understand those things and to come to a better place about them. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Me and God have an understanding, I don't believe in him and so I don't have the right to get pissed at him when my life blows up around me.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No. It's not wrong.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No it's not wrong, life is a struggle sometimes, I think disappointment is a normal human response.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yeah

Don't be disappointed with god when you have your own will power & your own choices to do what you want in life. Being disappointed in god is selfish. Just own up instead of being upset or blaming someone else....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010