Are there dinosaurs in the bible

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well in the book of Job, I think it is like chapter 49 or 50, it talks about the leviathan and the behemoth... the leviatian is a fire breathing creature that sounds an awful lot like a dragon, and the behemoth sounds an awful lot like a dinosaur... so I would say yes... I think there are dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• there is in the book of genesis the part which says God created all manner of running flyign and creeping things and saw that it was good. This was a "day" of the "week" before he created man and woman.... so if we interpret day into thousands of aeons, why not? All i knwo is im Catholic and i believe in and love science and the skeletons at my native NYC museum of Natural History -- what are they paper mache? lolololol omg they find new skeletons every day all over the world... and people dont believ in them . also there is the loch ness monster AND legends of fire breathing HUGE dragons that lived STILL in the middle ages in remote caves... i think those were vestigal dinosaurs... and look at alligators and komodo dragos yikes
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 6:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• No, there aren't dinosaurs in the Bible. There aren't skunks in the Bible either, it doesn't mean the Bible denies their existence.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Interesting silver!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Dinosaurs supposedly came before man, so I would say "No".
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Not that I'm aware of...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Dinosaurs existed a few million years before the Bible...or the story of Adam and Eve.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_dinosaurs_exist

kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Some people argue that the behemoth and the leviathan are dinosaurs while some people have suggested they are referring to a hippo and a croc. Who the hell knows- I mean obviously dinosaurs were real, and just because they would be mentioned in the Bible- which does have SOME scientific facts in it, really means nothing. Ancient people often used real animals, people and places in their mythology and there would have been dinosaur fossils back then to fuel the imagination.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes. the Behemoth and the Leviathan.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2010