fun ways to teach my three year old his numbers and abc's

i need some way to get him to sit down and learn lol his got adhd so its a little hard his ok at it he can court to 20 with help and all his abc's with help but he gets bored and wants to stop so some help please

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 6:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just start associating the letters with objects. Make each day a certain letter. Draw it out and then say things in the home that start with that letter. Then next day, go to the next letter in the alphabet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My son has autism. When he was little, I tried everything to teach him his letters. He knew the letters and the names, but he just couldn't seem to get the letter sounds. I used LeapFrog's "The Letter Factory" video and it was like magic. I know they make a video for numbers now too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• We go outside with sidewalk chalk and I draw a letter and then he draws pictures of words that begin with that letter.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• SONGS!!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• point them out in every day life, like on signs, tv, newspaper, etc. Make it fun!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my daughter learned them in the bathtub using those foam letters & numbers.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010