Keep that out of your mouth!!!

My daughter puts everything in her mouth. Clothes, toys, wipes, shoes, feet, fingers...I could go on. I'm not sure what to do here. Her clothes are getting all yuck, her toys have teeth marks in them. She bites her nails so short she has sometimes made them bleed. :/ She'll cough like she choking, it freaks me out. The other day she did it in the car, and I had to pull over for her to just laugh.

Anybody else have this problem? And Ideas on what I can do? I have a apt to meet with her peds on Tuesday, but i'd like to avod that at all costs. :/

She'll be 3 in like 45ish days.

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She might have some sort of sensory need. They actually sell chewy tubes for kids who seem to have the need to chew.

Here is a link

http://www.superduperinc.com/products/view.aspx?pid=OM413

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• She's pushing 3, right? She's at "that" age where she may be trying to test your limits. How do you act/react when she does these things? If you give her a "big" reaction, odds are she's just trying to GET the reaction.

Try ignoring the behavior for a week or so. If she still does it, then seek out a pedi's advice.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I swear it's not terrible 2s, it's trying 3s!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010