do you give your kids baths or showers?

I do a combo of both, baths on the weekends, showers thru the week. (I have a removable shower head, so they just stand there while I wash them off)

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on how much of a rush I'm in. Baths often become 1-hour toyfests.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Showers, because one of my DD's was getting bladder/UT infections. Once we stopped with the baths, she never had another one. My oldest 2 are old enough that they can pretty much take a shower on their own anymore.
    Anonymous

• baths
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 6:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Mostly showers. With DH's schedule and my protruding belly, it's easier just to have him hop through the shower with one of us.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Baths...she doesn't like water in her face so baths are best for us. The oldest takes showers.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• both.... On the days I'm in a hurry I have him hop in the shower with me... if I have time I give him a bath because he loves the water....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• baths
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My daughter is only 2 and prefers baths as she does not like the water coming from above. If we're in a big rush though, I'll put her in the shower with me and wash her quickly and then Papa grabs her and gets her dressed. However, that is only if she has gotten super dirty during breakfast, otherwise all of her bathing is at night before bed.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Showers....
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 8:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• For the last 3 years it was showers only because our bathtub was broken (big crack in the bottom so it leaked into the room below).  We've since moved and since we had a bathtub for the first time in years I let them take baths but I don't see how you can actually get clean sitting in a tub of dirty water.  My 9yo son is taking a shower right now.

I don't "give" them either any more.  My kids "take" showers.  They don't need me to do anything.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010